Position: Experienced Software Engineer
Location: Labman Jealotts Hill Office, Bracknell
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000 (based on experience)
Due to sustained growth Labman are seeking to recruit an Experienced Software Engineer to join the team.
Labman deliver bespoke robotics and software systems to major companies and public bodies all over the world. The job will be challenging and dynamic with opportunities to work with a huge range of established and emergent technologies, providing you with opportunities to learn and develop your skill set.
You will be working alongside a dedicated team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers at Labman’s Jealotts Hill Office in Bracknell, UK. It is a creative and innovative environment, full of the latest robotic systems and technology. There will be opportunities to travel, within the UK and worldwide.
What the Job Involves
- Developing software applications for Labman's advanced robotic automation platforms and internal systems
- Writing software to Labman’s coding quality standards
- Performing code reviews and contributing to system designs
- Along with all the team, keeping abreast of state-of-the-art technologies and developing techniques for use in future systems
- Supporting existing systems out in the field
- Frequent customer interaction
- Contribution to the development of your colleagues
- Working with companies and public bodies across the world
- Working with a highly talented multifunctional team
- Embody Labman values & behaviours
- + more...
Established for over 40 years, Labman Automation Ltd is an award-winning company with its HQ in North Yorkshire and offices in Bracknell and Liverpool. Labman design and manufacture bespoke laboratory automation systems for a wide range of industries across the world.
We’re a company that prides itself on building strong relationships with our customers and meeting their technological challenges. Our purpose is to enable a world where science is not limited by technology. Our philosophy of engineering excellence is achieved through self-discipline with supportive leadership, sustainable partnerships, and openness. Our company structure encourages involvement and accountability from everyone. This is driven forward with kindness, humour & enthusiasm. This is driven by our core values & behaviours which underpin everything we do:
- In it together: Being a team; a community of mutual support
- Excellence – Working & delivering at the very highest quality
- Humility – Respecting yourself and others
- Sustainability – Recognition that we have an impact on our planet, our company and our community
- Fun – Enjoyment in your work
- At least 2 years of development experience with the Microsoft .NET framework
- At least 1 year experience with WPF and XAML development
- Familiar with MVVM design methodology
- Strong development capabilities with C#
- A good understanding of software development techniques such as separation of concerns, dependency injection and object-oriented programming
- Database development skills including MySQL and embedded databases
- Good English literacy skills for producing documentation
- Works well within a team with good communication skills
- The successful candidate is expected to work within the Labman ISO9001 framework developing software to a strict set of coding conventions.
Desirable skills / experience
- Experience with industrial communication interfaces (RS232, Ethernet, CAN, Modbus, EtherCAT)
- Strong UI/UX design
- Experience of mobile application development using Xamarin
- Experience with industrial PLC systems
- Some automation industry experience
- Also interested in electrical or mechanical engineering with some practical skills
What We’re Offering
- 25 days annual holiday (raising to 30 over 5 years) plus public holidays
- Multiple social teams/groups from Photography club to 5 a side. Or the ability to start your own activity
- Opportunity to travel worldwide
- Employer pension contribution paid on full salary
- The opportunity to work just outside London, with Swinley forest next door and fantastic access routes to the rest of Southern UK.
NB - our application form is a legal document, we ask that you are honest with your responses