Due to continued growth Labman are seeking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join the existing team. The job will be challenging and dynamic with opportunities to work with a huge range of established and emergent technologies. Labman deliver bespoke robotics and software systems to major companies and public bodies all over the world.
You will be working directly with some of today’s most advanced hardware and software, providing opportunities to learn and develop your skillset in areas that have potentially never been investigated before with some of the world’s largest companies.
You will be working alongside a dedicated team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers at Labman’s rapidly expanding HQ in North Yorkshire, UK. It is a creative and innovative environment, full of the latest robotic systems and technology, as well as climbing walls, go-karts and even a squash court.
There will be opportunities to travel, both within the UK as well as worldwide.
The role will involve:
· Developing software applications for Labman's advanced robotic automation systems.
· Developing world class bespoke software systems for companies and public bodies across the world.
· Working with and project managing a highly talented multifunctional team.
· Researching state-of-the-art technologies and developing techniques for use in future systems.
· Establishing more efficient methods of developing software.
· Frequent direct customer interaction.
· + more...
· At least 5 years of development experience with the Microsoft .NET framework
· At least 1 year experience with WPF and XAML development
· Familiar with MVVM design methodology
· Strong development capabilities with C#
· Excellent database development skills including MySQL and embedded databases
· Some web development, preferably ASP.NET
· Comfortable with HTML and CSS
· A strong understanding of common industry standards such as user interface development (MVVM), communication interfaces (CAN, RS232, Ethernet), database design and development.
· Good English literacy skills for producing documentation
· Works well within a team with good communication skills
· Willing to travel within Europe/America
· The successful candidate is expected to work within the Labman ISO9001 framework developing software to a strict set of coding conventions.
· Some experience with development of embedded systems using Keil, LPCXpresso or AER
· Experience of programming with mobile operating systems such as Windows Mobile and Android
· Experience with industrial PLC systems
· Some automation industry experience
· Also interested in electrical or mechanical engineering with some practical skills
What we're offering:
Salary range: £30,000 - 45,000 DOE.
The chance to work in our award-winning, custom-built headquarters, complete with climbing wall, go-karts, and a squash court.
The opportunity to live and work in the fantastic area of Teesside - the world’s best kept secret. Labman HQ is located on the outskirts of the Georgian Market town of Stokesley - a stone’s throw from the breath-taking East Coast and the Yorkshire moors and yet only 90 minutes from the Lake District and 2 ½ hours to London by train. If you’re local, you know all this. If you’re not, then keep it to yourself; we like to keep the 'grim up north’ façade going as it helps keep the numbers down.