Labman Automation is an award-winning company in North Yorkshire that designs and manufactures custom automation systems for laboratories around the world. Labman has been serving global customers for over 35 years and employs around 90 staff in the UK.
We are a company that prides itself on merging technology and innovation, with a passion to improve the way people work. With a flat company structure that encourages involvement and accountability from everyone at day one, and an unparalleled willingness to take on challenges, Labman is a unique, flexible, creative and dynamic place to work.
Due to the increasing demand for automated robotic systems, Labman is looking to hire an enthusiastic, self-motivated and professional Field Support Engineer to install, maintain, repair and upgrade bespoke automated robotic systems based in the North West of the UK. The successful candidate will support our clients in sustaining system uptime by proactively and reactively maintaining the systems. They will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of systems and will be the primary contact point for supporting the operation of the systems after warranty. The role will also include proposing and delivering improvement and upgrade projects.
Salary: Subject to Experience - £30,000 to £40,000
What the Job Involves
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance of Labman’s automated robotic systems in the North West of the UK. (Primarily based at the University of Liverpool)
- Provide technical support both on site and remotely
- Provide training in operating systems, routine maintenances and fault diagnosis.
- Participate in factory and site acceptance testing of newly built and delivered systems.
- Generate quotations for customer visits, system upgrades and any other support work.
- Document and feedback customer information to HQ to improve future system design and customer experience.
- Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard.
- Identify business opportunities, upgrades and improvement of client systems.
- Participate in continuous improvement meetings and activities and escalate processes and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- Build on Labman’s reputation by collaborating professionally with the client.
- Organise support work by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Log and document all support work according to internal guidelines.
- Electromechanical knowledge, basic software knowledge
- Ability to identify issues, diagnose faults and provide relevant solutions
- Willingness to travel within the UK (although primarily based in the North West
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritise work
- Customer oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Driving license, maximum 3 points