Labman Automation is an award-winning company in North Yorkshire that designs and manufactures bespoke robotic automation systems for the entire range of laboratory, medical and industrial industries across the world. All of these multinational operations rely on our automated solutions to facilitate and further their analysis and development in some of the most important fields currently being investigated.
We’re a company that prides itself on merging technology with a passion to really improve peoples’ lives. With a flat company structure that encourages involvement and accountability from everyone, and an unparalleled willingness to take on challenges, Labman is a unique and dynamic place to work.
Due to the increasing demand for automated systems, Labman is looking to hire enthusiastic, dedicated and professional electrical engineers to design and build the electrical system on our robots for clients across the globe. They will also research new electrical products, techniques and approaches, verify and validate designs, and support project implementation.
What the Job Involves
- Designing the electrical system on full robotic systems. This will include single phase and three phase power circuits, DC power circuits, servo and stepper motors, IO devices, sensors, and safety circuits including door interlocks, emergency stop buttons and safety relays. Drawings are prepared in SEE Electrical, giving full consideration to the necessary function of the robot. This requires close cooperation with other team members, including the mechanical and software engineers.
- Understanding, interpreting and wiring from complex electrical drawings. A full drawing pack is produced before commencing wiring. The successful candidate will ensure that the physical wiring of the robot accurately reflects the drawing pack, whilst also maintaining Labman’s build standards, and other standard such as EN 60204-1. The successful candidate will also be able to neatly loom and label cables and pneumatic lines.
- Communicating project status, issues and requirements with project leaders and senior staff.
- Suggesting, documenting and implementing changes to Labman’s procedures and build standards.
- Researching new technologies, products and equipment, to ensure that Labman are always using the most appropriate technologies.
- Helping and mentoring younger and less experienced engineers and apprentices.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience wiring control systems and / or 3 phase circuits
- Able to interpret IEC circuit diagrams
- Able to understand and interpret component datasheets
- Able to calculate electrical loads
- Good communication skills
- Able to work either independently or as part of a team
- Able to manage own time effectively
- Dealing with Complexity
- General Maths Skills
- Presenting Technical Information
- Attention to Detail
- Experience with SEE Electrical or another electrical drawing package
- Experience producing enclosure layout diagrams
- Able to create circuit diagrams from component datasheets
- Fault finding
- Able to use simple diagnostic tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes and signal generators
- Experience with industrial fieldbuses
- Basic soldering skills
What We’re Offering
The chance to work in our award-winning, custom-built headquarters, complete with climbing wall, go-karts and squash court.
The opportunity to live and work in the fantastic area of Teesside - the world’s best kept secret. Labman HQ is located on the outskirts of the Georgian Market town of Stokesley - a stone’s throw from the breath-taking East Coast and the Yorkshire moors and yet only 90 minutes from the Lake District and 2 ½ hours to London by train. If you’re local, you know all this. If you’re not, then keep it to yourself; we like to keep the 'grim up north’ façade going as it helps keep the numbers down.
A generous salary package, subject to experience.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in this role with Labman. If you’ve got what we’re looking for and would like to put yourself forward for consideration, then please click 'Apply Now'. We make sure to reply to every application we receive.