Labman Automation is an award-winning company in North Yorkshire that designs and manufactures bespoke robotic automation systems for a wide range of laboratory, medical and industrial industries across the world.
We’re a company that prides itself on building strong relationships with our customers and meeting their technological challenges. Our purpose is to enable a world where science is not limited by technology. Our philosophy of engineering excellence is achieved through self-discipline with supportive leadership, sustainable partnerships, and openness. Our company structure encourages involvement and accountability from everyone. This is driven forward with kindness, humour & enthusiasm. Labman really is a unique and dynamic place to work.
Due to increasing demand for automated robotic systems Labman are looking to develop their presence in the South of England. We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated mechatronics/mechanical engineer
to join our growing team at the Jealott’s Hill office.
The successful candidate will produce electro-mechanical designs and modifications by identifying key project objectives and issues. They will also research and develop electro-mechanical engineering techniques and approaches, verify and validate designs, and support project implementation.
They are expected to take personal responsibility, show initiative, work individually and as part of a team. Although the role is software based, the ideal candidate would have knowledge of other applicable disciplines and would be expected to be adaptable and help out with other day to day tasks when required.
You will be working alongside a dedicated team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers at Labman’s Jealott’s Hill Office on the Syngenta owned site near Bracknell, UK. It is a creative and innovative environment, full of the latest robotic systems and technology, as well as tennis courts, gym and an onsite canteen.
Values at Labman
To continue with our engineering excellence and deliver what we care about the most we work towards and live by these values & behaviours helping us to achieve our shared goals.
- In it together: Being a team; a community of mutual support
- Excellence – Working & delivering at the very highest quality
- Humility – Respecting yourself and others
- Sustainability – Recognition that we have an impact on our planet, our company and our community
- Fun – Enjoyment in your work
What the Job Involves
- Based in Labman’s Jealott’s Hill office with an initial training period (depending on experience) at our North Yorkshire HQ
- Occasional visits to Labman HQ when based South
- Frequent customer facing, discussing ideas, future projects and improvement of client systems.
- Provide reactive fault diagnosis, repair, technical support etc
- + more
- The successful candidate will develop electro-mechanical design plans by researching, analysing, selecting, and applying electro-mechanical engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria - these will include: mechanics; optics; electronics, and computer applications. The candidate should be able to adapt and modify electro-mechanical engineering options; develop and evaluate new electro-mechanical engineering architectures and algorithms, and prepare drawings, schematics, and diagrams using Computer Aided Design (CAD). They should also be collaborating with related design teams, as well as evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; identifying and resolving design integration/interface issues and determining and establishing design specifications and safety standards.
- Determining electro-mechanical design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities, and requirements; analysing user, and potential user, input; evaluating similar and related products and systems; identifying and establishing performance standards involving thermal, shock, vibration, acoustic, and radiation inputs.
- Organising design projects by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Verifying and validating electro-mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; building and testing simulations and prototypes; performing debugging procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analysing test data; and identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems.
- Documenting design by recording electro-mechanical design features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings, as well as specifying operational training, and detailing safety and support requirements.
- Maintaining design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information and electro-mechanical analysis to team meetings and reports; and guiding technicians.
- Implementing electro-mechanical design by providing technical support and troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to electro-mechanical design.
- Preparing design reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising electro-mechanical design data and trends.
- Updating job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging electro-mechanical technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; and maintaining personal networks.
- Enhancing engineering and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Electronic Systems
- Electronic Production Technologies
- Analytical Tools
- Analysing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- General Maths Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Presenting Technical Information
- Attention to Detail
What We’re Offering
A generous salary package, subject to experience and reviewed annually, including laptop. We are also offering 33 days annual holiday (raising to 38 over 5 years) including public holidays with flexibility to carry some over
The opportunity to work just outside London, with Swinley forest next door and fantastic access routes to the rest of Southern UK.
NB - our application form is a legal document, we ask that you are honest with your responses