Due to continued growth, Labman are seeking to add a Facilities and Maintenance Manager to our existing maintenance team.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week (shifts currently varying due to COVID-19 situation from 7am to 10pm 7.5 hours a day, most likely later shift during the week – Monday to Friday). There could be call outs from time to time.
• Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment
• Ensure all equipment schedules are updated regularly
• Performing reactive and preventative maintenance
• Handling both full and basic repairs and maintenance
• Ensuring routine grounds and maintenance work is carried out to a high standard
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary • Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
• Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary
• Effectively motivate, lead and manage a team of maintenance staff within Labman
• Prioritise tasks to be completed to maximise safety and efficiency
• Confident with the use and basic maintenance of both hand and mechanical machinery e.g. hedge cutters, mower, strimmers etc.
• Ensure that machinery and equipment is operated correctly
• Maintain and take responsibility for the equipment, which may include daily checks and cleaning of equipment when appropriate
• Maintain necessary compliance paperwork, risk assessments, audits and certificates to ensure the building is legally compliant as well as following best practice
• Expected to be proactive in continual site/building improvement
• At least 5 years’ maintenance experience
• Health & Safety knowledge in Grounds and Maintenance
• Strong planning and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Driving licence is essential
• Able to work unsupervised
• Efficient organisational skills
• Maintenance planning and project management
• Experience of leading / managing a small team
• Delegate and specify works for sub-contractors
• Passion and enthusiasm for their work
• Competent or skilled in concreting, joinery, 1st & 2nd fit, roofing, plastering, painting, plumbing etc
• Computer literate
• Competent document & report writing
• Qualifications within Health & Safety working practices
• Experience costing jobs
• Experience training colleagues
Salary range: To be discussed.
The chance to work in our award-winning, custom-built headquarters, complete with climbing wall, go-karts, and a squash court.
The opportunity to live and work in the fantastic area of Teesside - the world’s best kept secret. Labman HQ is located on the outskirts of the Georgian Market town of Stokesley - a stone’s throw from the breath-taking East Coast and the Yorkshire moors and yet only 90 minutes from the Lake District and 2 ½ hours to London by train. If you’re local, you know all this. If you’re not, then keep it to yourself; we like to keep the 'grim up north’ façade going as it helps keep the numbers down.