Labman Automation is an award-winning company in North Yorkshire that designs and manufactures bespoke robotic automation systems for the entire range of laboratory, medical and industrial industries across the world. All of these multinational operations rely on our automated solutions to facilitate and further their analysis and development in some of the most important fields currently being investigated.
We’re a company that prides itself on merging technology with a passion to really improve peoples’ lives. With a flat company structure that encourages involvement and accountability from everyone, and an unparalleled willingness to take on challenges, Labman is a unique and dynamic place to work.
Due to the increasing demand for automated systems, Labman is looking to hire an enthusiastic, dedicated and professional mechatronics/mechanical engineer to design and create bespoke automated systems for our clients across the globe. The successful candidate will produce electro-mechanical designs and modifications by identifying key project objectives and issues. They will also research and develop electro-mechanical engineering techniques and approaches, verify and validate designs, and support project implementation.
What the Job Involves
- The successful candidate will develop electro-mechanical design plans by researching, analysing, selecting, and applying electro-mechanical engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria - these will include: mechanics; optics; electronics, and computer applications. The candidate should be able to adapt and modify electro-mechanical engineering options; develop and evaluate new electro-mechanical engineering architectures and algorithms, and prepare drawings, schematics, and diagrams using Computer Aided Design (CAD). They should also be collaborating with related design teams, as well as evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; identifying and resolving design integration/interface issues, and determining and establishing design specifications and safety standards.
- Determining electro-mechanical design issues by studying project concepts, objectives, priorities, and requirements; analysing user, and potential user, input; evaluating similar and related products and systems; identifying and establishing performance standards involving thermal, shock, vibration, acoustic, and radiation inputs.
- Organising design projects by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
- Verifying and validating electro-mechanical design performance by establishing reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; building and testing simulations and prototypes; performing debugging procedures; conducting compatibility evaluations; analysing test data; and identifying, isolating, and resolving performance problems.
- Documenting design by recording electro-mechanical design features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings, as well as specifying operational training, and detailing safety and support requirements.
- Maintaining design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information and electro-mechanical analysis to team meetings and reports; and guiding technicians.
- Implementing electro-mechanical design by providing technical support, and troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to electro-mechanical design.
- Preparing design reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising electro-mechanical design data and trends.
- Updating job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging electro-mechanical technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; and maintaining personal networks.
- Enhancing engineering and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Electronic Systems
- Electronic Production Technologies
- Analytical Tools
- Analysing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- General Maths Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Presenting Technical Information
- Attention to Detail
What We’re Offering
The chance to work in our award-winning, custom-built headquarters, complete with climbing wall, go-karts, and a soon-to-be-completed squash court.
The opportunity to live and work in the fantastic area of Teesside - the world’s best kept secret. Labman HQ is located on the outskirts of the Georgian Market town of Stokesley - a stone’s throw from the breath-taking East Coast and the Yorkshire moors and yet only 90 minutes from the Lake District and 2 ½ hours to London by train. If you’re local, you know all this. If you’re not, then keep it to yourself; we like to keep the 'grim up north’ façade going as it helps keep the numbers down.
A generous salary package, subject to experience.